Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Program (PASCP)
The Sacramento County Office of Education provides candidates an opportunity to earn a Preliminary Administrative Services Credential through our one-year program. The program is accredited through the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) and is comprised of six courses. The courses are based on the California Professional Standards for Education Leaders (CPSELs) and integration of Cal APA exam content.
Copy of one of the following valid credentials:
- a clear or life California teaching credential that requires a baccalaureate degree and a program of professional preparation, including student teaching or the equivalent, and holds an English learner authorization; or
- a clear or life California designated subjects teaching credential in adult education, career technical education, vocational education or special subjects, provided the applicant also possess a California services credential in pupil personnel services, health services for school nurse, teach librarian services, or speech-language pathology or clinical or rehabilitative services requiring a baccalaureate degree and a program of professional preparation, including field work or the equivalent.
Holders of any of the other Health Services Credentials, such as the school physician, dentist, dental hygienist, optometrist, clinical psychologist, and psychiatric social worker, do not meet this requirement.
- A minimum of five years of full-time teaching experience. Full-time service means service for a minimum of four hours per day for at least three-fourths of the total days in the school year. Substitute or part-time service does not apply.
PLEASE NOTE: First priority is given to qualified applicants who work in a Sacramento County school or district.
- $7,500 (Cost includes textbooks, program materials, tuition, and Kindle)
- There are several payment options. Please view the Payment Options document for more information.
- Options include a Schools Financial Credit Union loan. Please view the flyer for more information.
In addition to successful completion of the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Program, preliminary candidates are required to take, and pass, all three cycles of the Cal APA Exam in order to receive their Preliminary Administrative Services Credential.
Cal APA Exam fees are not included in the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Program fees.
These fees are paid separately by the participant.
- Cal APA Exam Fees:
- Cycle 1 - $125
- Cycle 2 - $150
- Cycle 3 - $150
Fees are subject to change at the discretion of the California Department of Education.
For more information, visit the PASCP Details page.